3. Data controller
FairFruit is the data controller for the processing of your personal data. FairFruit determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data.
4. Categories of personal data
FairFruit processes two categories of personal data:
i) Information that you provide directly to FairFruit
By email, phone, on fairs, via the contact form on its website, or in any other manner, you can share directly with FairFruit information that contain personal data. This information contains, among other, identification data (such as your name and last name) and contact details (such as your email address, address, and phone number).
ii) Automatically obtained information
The website of FairFruit can contain links to the website of third parties and pages on social media. FairFruit is not responsible for the processing of your personal data on these websites.
FairFruit advises you to consult the privacy declarations of these third parties.
5. Purposes of the processing of the personal data
FairFruit processes your personal data only for the following purposes:
– The technical and functional management of its website
– For communication with its customers and for the performance of the contracts with its customers or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract.
– For direct marketing purposes
– To process and reply to your questions and potential requests or complaints
– To process your job application; and
– To inform you about vacancies and other potential (career) opportunities
6. Access to your personal data
FairFruit hires third parties to realize certain processing activities such as the hosting of its website, the sending of newsletters, etc,… FairFruit concludes with each third party who has access to your personal data a data processing agreement. This data processing agreement determines the obligations of the data processor.
FairFruit can share your personal with its affiliated companies that are located in the United States, Guatemala and Peru. FairFruit ensures that all appropriate safeguards are in place for the transfer of the personal data.
FairFruit can also share your personal data with its external advisors and lawyers to the extent necessary to obtain advise or to (legally) protect its interests.
Pursuant to applicable legislation or regulation or based on a legitimate request, FairFruit can also be obliged to share your personal data with authorities.
7. Bases for the processing
FairFruit relies on the following bases for the processing of your personal data:
– The consent that you have given for the processing of your personal data.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time for the future. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
– Necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursed by FairFruit or by a third party.
The processing of your personal data for the technical and functional management of the website of FairFruit is based upon the legitimate interest of FairFruit to have a properly functioning website.
– The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
FairFruit processes the personal data of its contacts at its customers’ persons of contact to the extent necessary to perform an agreement or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract. FairFruit will not use these personal data for any other purposes.
8. Protection of your personal data
FairFruit undertakes appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure appropriate security of your personal data and protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful processing, and against unauthorized loss, destruction, or damage.
FairFruit keeps your personal data in a form that permits to identify you no longer than necessary than for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
9. Your rights
Pursuant to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereafter: “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”) you are the holder of certain rights. These rights are however not absolute. Some rights have a specific scope or are subject to certain conditions.
Hereafter you find an overview of your rights, as well as a reference to the articles of the GDPR where you can find more information about each of these rights:
– Right of access (article 15 GDPR)
– Right to rectification (article 16 GDPR)
– Right to erasure of your personal data (article 17 GDPR)
– Right to restriction of processing (article 18 GDPR)
– Right to data portability (article 20 GDPR)
– Right to object (article 21 GDPR)
– Right to object against the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes (article 21 GDPR); and
– Right not to be subjected to profiling (article 22 GDPR).
To exercise your rights, you can always contact FairFruit by:
– The contact form on the website of FairFruit
– Per e-mail to email@example.com
– Per mail to:
You always have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority that you can contact by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and by mail (Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium).